Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://observatorio.fm.usp.br/handle/OPI/16057
Title: Prognostic factors for the evolution and reversibility of chronic rejection in pediatric liver transplantation
Authors: TANNURI, Ana Cristina AounLIMA, FabianaMELLO, Evandro Sobroza deTANIGAWA, Ryan YukimatsuTANNURI, Uenis
Citation: CLINICS, v.71, n.4, p.216-220, 2016
Abstract: OBJECTIVE: Chronic rejection remains a major cause of graft failure with indication for re-transplantation. The incidence of chronic rejection remains high in the pediatric population. Although several risk factors have been implicated in adults, the prognostic factors for the evolution and reversibility of chronic rejection in pediatric liver transplantation are not known. Hence, the current study aimed to determine the factors involved in the progression or reversibility of pediatric chronic rejection by evaluating a series of chronic rejection cases following liver transplantation. METHODS: Chronic rejection cases were identified by performing liver biopsies on patients based on clinical suspicion. Treatment included maintaining high levels of tacrolimus and the introduction of mofetil mycophenolate. The children were divided into 2 groups: those with favorable outcomes and those with adverse outcomes. Multivariate analysis was performed to identify potential risk factors in these groups. RESULTS: Among 537 children subjected to liver transplantation, chronic rejection occurred in 29 patients (5.4%). In 10 patients (10/29, 34.5%), remission of chronic rejection was achieved with immunosuppression (favorable outcomes group). In the remaining 19 patients (19/29, 65.5%), rejection could not be controlled (adverse outcomes group) and resulted in re-transplantation (7 patients, 24.1%) or death (12 patients, 41.4%). Statistical analysis showed that the presence of ductopenia was associated with worse outcomes (risk ratio=2.08, p=0.01). CONCLUSION: The presence of ductopenia is associated with poor prognosis in pediatric patients with chronic graft rejection.
Appears in Collections:

Artigos e Materiais de Revistas Científicas - FM/MCG
Departamento de Cirurgia - FM/MCG

Artigos e Materiais de Revistas Científicas - FM/MPE
Departamento de Pediatria - FM/MPE

Artigos e Materiais de Revistas Científicas - FM/MPT
Departamento de Patologia - FM/MPT

Artigos e Materiais de Revistas Científicas - HC/ICESP
Instituto do Câncer do Estado de São Paulo - HC/ICESP

Artigos e Materiais de Revistas Científicas - HC/ICHC
Instituto Central - HC/ICHC

Artigos e Materiais de Revistas Científicas - HC/ICr
Instituto da Criança - HC/ICr

Artigos e Materiais de Revistas Científicas - LIM/14
LIM/14 - Laboratório de Investigação em Patologia Hepática

Artigos e Materiais de Revistas Científicas - LIM/26
LIM/26 - Laboratório de Pesquisa em Cirurgia Experimental

Artigos e Materiais de Revistas Científicas - LIM/30
LIM/30 - Laboratório de Investigação em Cirurgia Pediátrica


Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
art_TANNURI_Prognostic_factors_for_the_evolution_and_reversibility_of_2016.PDFpublishedVersion (English)698.35 kBAdobe PDFThumbnail
View/Open

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.